Here at the Department of Recreation & Wellness, the Membership program area is your first connection in supporting your well-being. As the Membership team, we aim to serve your needs as a member or guest through efficient and effective communication. We strive to ensure you feel knowledgeable, supported, and validated in every interaction. From registering you for a course to renewing your membership, we look to how all your needs can be met in the present moment and continue to be met in the future. It is our goal to provide nothing less than excellent customer service each time you visit our office and continue to build a strong community of individuals here at UNC Greensboro.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where do I go?
A membership can be purchased at the Welcome Desk at the Leonard J. Kaplan Center for Wellness. If you would like to sign up for the Family Recreation membership, please visit the Administrative Suite, located in room 212 of the Kaplan Center.
What are the hours?
A membership can be purchased during Kaplan Center operating hours with the exception of Family Recreation, which must be purchased during business hours (9:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday).
How can I contact the Membership staff?
Welcome Desk: 336.334.4030
Administrative Suite: 336.334.3060
Membership Coordinator: 336.256.0158
What do I need to purchase a membership?
A valid government issued photo ID (license or passport) with proof of age.
How can I pay for my membership?
All memberships* and add-on services must be paid up front by cash, check or credit card (Visa or Mastercard only). *Faculty/Staff can pay for their membership through payroll deduction only (not offered for add-on services).
*Memberships and add-on services cannot be charged to a University account
*We do not keep credit card information on file, therefore no automatics renewal for memberships/services.
How will I access the Kaplan Center?*
- Student- UNCG Spartan Card
- Faculty/Staff/Retiree- UNCG University ID
- Additional/Affiliate members- Kaplan Center ID card
*Must be presented EVERY time to gain access!
- Every member has one Forgot 1 to use each semester (must present a valid government issued photo ID at Welcome Desk)
- If a Spartan Card/University/Kaplan ID is forgotten more than once, a member can present a valid government issued photo ID and purchase a Member Forgot One pass)
What does my membership include?
- Bouldering & Climbing Wall
- Cardio & Weight Equipment
- Club Sports`
- Courses (Instructor & Safety)*
- CPR, Fitness Instructor, Lifeguard, Personal Trainer, Swim Lessons
- Courts Spaces (Basketball, Multi-Activity, and Racquetball)
- Day-use Lockers (with locker attached)
- Equipment Check-Out
- Gaming Area (Billiards, Shuffleboard, and Table Tennis)
- Group Fitness Classes
- Indoor Track (3 lanes)
- Intramural Sports`
- Locker & Towel Service*
- Mat Room Natatorium (Lap & Leisure pools) + Outdoor Pool Patio
- Outdoor Adventure rentals & trips*
- Parking Pass`
- Piney Lake access (March – October)
- Recreational Spaces on Campus
- Golf Greens, Outdoor Courts + Track, Recreation Field, and Tennis Courts
- Sponsoring (Additional Member, Guests, and Family)*
- Zen Zone (massage chairs & nap pods)
`Club Sports- only UNC Greensboro Students
`Intramural Sports- only UNC Greensboro Faculty, Staff, and Students
`Parking Pass- only Additional, Affiliate, and Alumni members
*- additional charge
What is NOT included in my membership?
- Family Recreation
- Locker Rental
- Outdoor Adventure Trips and Rentals
- Personal Training Sessions
- Pro Shop Items
- Swim Lessons
- Safety Courses
Can I receive a refund for my membership?
Membership fees are non-refundable* unless membership is canceled within three business days of initial purchase. Membership fees are non-transferable to other membership periods and to other persons.
*Exceptions may include moving beyond a 50-mile radius from UNC Greensboro, employment termination, or a physician-verified illness or injury.
Will membership rates change?
All membership rates are subject to change at the beginning of each academic year (August).