We believe a balance of social, mental and physical wellness creates a foundation for successful, healthy individuals.
The Department of Recreation and Wellness fosters comprehensive wellness by engaging students and the UNCG community in experiential and educational opportunities. We promote lifelong success through meaningful and inclusive programs and resources.
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to:
- Cultivate a lasting passion for recreation, physical activity, health and wellness.
- Empower individuals for lifelong engagement in their wellness journey, leading to healthier, more vibrant communities.
- Challenge and support students as they develop into professionals through educational employment.
- Excel as leaders in recreation and wellness and set the standard for programs and operations.
- Enrich the student experience through fun, unique and inclusive opportunities.
The following list of values represents what is truly important to us as an organization. These core beliefs guide every decision we make, every conversation we have, and every interaction. These are not values that change from time to time, situation to situation, or person to person, but rather they are the underpinning of our organizational culture.
We use evidence-informed decision making and best practices as a foundation for our programs that facilitate transformative experiences.
We aim to create a supportive environment that includes educational opportunities and experiences to address the mind-body connection. We work to cultivate a sense of well-being for ourselves and those we serve.
We promote a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere by providing intentionally designed programs and services that strive to meet the unique needs of the UNCG community.
We focus on building a cohesive team that values partnerships and connections that support the university’s commitment to health and wellness.
We strive to engage in practices that meet the needs of the present population without compromising the needs of future generations.
Our Inclusion Statement
The Department of Recreation & Wellness is committed to celebrating diversity, embracing all identities, and creating inclusive environments that foster community and belonging. We are dedicated to achieving this by intentionally:
- Engaging in education, collaboration, and outreach in support of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Recruiting, hiring, and retaining employees representative of the UNCG Community.
- Listening, evaluating, and adapting to meet and serve the needs of our students, members, and guests.
- Providing access and promoting opportunities for all to thrive, flourish, and reach personal well-being goals.
UNCG seeks to comply fully with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Please contact our Administrative Office at 336.334.5924 or firstname.lastname@example.org. at least one week prior to any event to request disability accommodations. In all situations, a good faith effort will be made to provide accommodations. Please note that services or equipment considered to be of a personal nature are the responsibility of the guest. Please contact the Department of Recreation & Wellness with any questions. You may view the Policy for Accomodations at University Events policy on-line.
Assumption of Risk
Recreational activities within Recreation & Wellness at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNC Greensboro) present inherent known and unknown risks including, but not limited to, serious personal injury or death. Although UNC Greensboro has taken reasonable measures to ensure the safety of Recreation & Wellness equipment and facilities, participants voluntarily assume any and all risks associated with their participation in recreational activities. UNC Greensboro does not carry health or accident insurance to cover injuries and medical care for participants. Accordingly, participants are strongly encouraged to acquire their own insurance.