In order to provide more Spartans with the opportunity to try swimming as an exercise option, we are offering FREE Swim Clinics! Swim clinics will be offered once a month with two time options within the same week. Two types of skills will be focused on each month; participants will either learn a beginner skill or an advanced skill depending on their skill level. Participants will be limited to a max of one 30-minute time slot per month. Classes are Drop in, first come, first serve!
Learn to Float (for beginners) or Learn to Tread Water Efficiently (intermediate swimmers)
- Wed, Jan. 20, 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Sun, Jan. 24, 11:00am – 12:30pm
Elementary backstroke (beginner)
Rhythmic breathing (intermediate)
- Wed, Feb. 17, 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Sun, Feb. 21, 11:00am – 12:30pm
Freestyle arms & legs (beginner)
Stroke development: freestyle (intermediate)
- Wed, Mar. 17, 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Sun, Mar. 21, 11:00am – 12:30pm
Treading water (beginner), Turns (intermediate)
- Wed, Apr. 14, 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Sun, Apr. 18, 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Face coverings are required by instructors (plastic face shield or cloth covering) during the entire swim lesson unless demonstrating in the water, socially distanced from the participant.
- Participants will be required to wear a mask at all times when not in the water.
- Instructors will mainly instruct outside the water and will not physically touch/ guide the participants. When demonstrating a skill inside the water, the participant will be socially distanced from the instructor.
- Participants are expected to comply with all posted signage regarding requirements for physical distancing, face coverings, and prohibitions on congregating
- During clinics, participants must remain in their own lane or space out along the pool wall socially distant depending on comfort ability and ability in the water.
- Participants are responsible for reviewing the UNCG Campus Safety Expectations. (https://update.uncg.edu/)
- -Participants will have access to hand sanitizer before and after class.
- Shared equipment will be cleaned by a student staff member before and after all clinics. Participants are encouraged to bring their own equipment when possible.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms of illness will be required to refrain from coming to the Kaplan Center until such time as they are no longer symptomatic or cleared by a medical provider.