October 30, 2020
We want to thank you for your continued support over this past month we have been re-open! All memberships and locker rentals purchased for the Spring 2020 semester ONLY were extended to November 6, 2020. If you would like to renew your membership, you can call the Information Desk- located at the Welcome Desk- to speak with a member of the Membership team. Here is the pricing structure for renewals…
September 6, 2020
We want to thank you for your continued patience and understanding over these last few months. In coordination with the governor’s announcement, the Kaplan Center will be opening on Saturday, September 12th at 10:00am. The building hours of operations are:
- Monday – Thursday 6:00am – 10:00pm
- Friday 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday 10:00am – 10:00pm
We will be operating at 30% capacity. The max capacity for the facility and each individual space will be posted on our website. For your safety and the safety of others, this email contains important information regarding our policy/procedure amendments and updates for reopening as well as the current status as it relates to your Recreation & Wellness membership. All members are expected to follow and model compliance with university policies in order to sustain a healthy campus while the campus community recovers from the global pandemic.
Safety precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 upon reopening:
- Plexiglass shields installed at all reception desks
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use.
- All equipment and furniture will be arranged to allow for social distancing.
- Face coverings will be required at all recreational facilities
- Recreational facilities will be cleaned intensively and frequently.
- Disposable wipes for cleaning the equipment will be available for patron use.
- Fitness zones will be created in the Kaplan Center to allow for social distancing and cleaning rotations
Enhanced Cleaning Plan will include:
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces multiple times per day in public areas including door knobs/handles, elevator call buttons, door push-plates, stairway railings, etc.
- Restroom disinfection multiple times per day by adding disinfecting to normal bathroom checks. Increase use of machine-aided cleaning system (Ki-vac) in heavily used restrooms.
- Cleaning supplies such as wipes, disinfectant, etc will be used to clean and disinfect work spaces, equipment, and surface areas.
- Fitness zones will periodically close for deep cleaning. Fitness equipment will also be disinfected frequently by staff
Face Covering Policy
Face coverings are required to enter the Kaplan Center. Everyone must wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth indoors – including all common areas, courts, track, meeting rooms, classrooms, equipment, restrooms, locker rooms, Outdoor Adventures, office spaces, stairwells, hallways, and elevators. Face coverings must be worn at all times in Kaplan Center outdoor spaces (i.e. Spartan Terrace and Natatorium Sun Deck) when patrons are not engaged in structured programming. Face coverings must always be worn with the following exceptions:
- Face coverings must be worn while on the pool deck and may be removed prior to entering the water. Face coverings are not required while swimming in the pool.
- Social distancing is a simple and very effective way to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19. At RecWell, this means:
- Staying at least six feet apart from others in lines and while walking throughout the Kaplan Center.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What if I forget my face covering?
The Kaplan Center is a designated face covering distribution location. If you forget your face covering, you can pick up one at the front desk.
What if I see someone not wearing a face covering?
Please communicate with a RecWell staff member for assistance. Face coverings are mandatory at UNCG for all students, faculty, and staff. Face coverings will be provided for anyone who is not wearing a face covering.
What if I have a medical exemption?
In compliance with the UNCG policy for face coverings, all patrons of the Leonard J. Kaplan Center for Wellness will be required to wear a face covering while in the facility. The only exception to this policy is while in the pool swimming. We expect all members to comply fully with this policy. For students, faculty and staff- If you think you may be eligible for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 336-334-9725 or email@example.com.
Where can I get water if I forget my water bottle?
Drinking fountains will not be available. Water bottle filling stations will be available. If you forgot your water bottle, water bottles are available for purchase at the front desk.
How do we know how many people are allowed in each space?
Each space in the Kaplan Center has a designated capacity. Signage will be displayed by each space with capacity information. We will also keep live counts of each space. Please view the live counts on the RecWell website. This count will be updated at minimum every 30 minutes during hours of operation.
Are guest passes available?
Guest passes are currently suspended; no visitors, tours, or spectators will be permitted.
Are lockers available?
There is one day use locker bay on each floor to accommodate items brought in just for the day.
Is towel service still available?
Towels service is currently suspended. Members will receive a credit on their account to be used toward a future towel service.
Will the showers and locker rooms be open?
Locker rooms and showers are available for use. Reservable lockers are available for purchase at the Welcome Desk.
Is noon ball available?
- Informal open recreation activities are limited. No full games of basketball, volleyball, badminton, racquetball, or indoor soccer are permitted.
- Basketball is limited to 1 person per hoop with their own basketball.
- Indoor soccer is limited to 1 person per goal with their own soccer ball.
- Billiards and table tennis are available with 2 people participating at a time. Equipment may be checked out at the Welcome Desk.
- Foosball, shuffleboard, volleyball nets, badminton nets, and racquetball courts are not available at this tim
Can I check out equipment like basketballs and tennis rackets?
Equipment check is unavailable. You must bring or use your own equipment.
If I need to get in contact with someone from RecWell, how should I do that?
We will be checking our firstname.lastname@example.org account regularly. You can call us at 336-334-5924 and we will respond between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday. Please give us 24 hours to respond.
What should I do if I want a refund?
Please email Catie Payne, Membership Coordinator, at email@example.com to schedule a time to be contacted for a refund.