Open swim is available during all hours of operation of the natatorium. We are committed to providing a minimum of 2 lanes for lap swimming during open hours of operation. Please review the calendar below to see if any reservations are scheduled in the facility.
SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES:
- Face coverings are required by instructors (plastic face shield or cloth covering) during the entire swim lesson unless demonstrating in the water, socially distanced from the participant.
- Instructors will mainly instruct outside the water and will not physically touch/ guide the participants. When demonstrating a skill inside the water, the participant will be socially distanced from the instructor.
- Participants will be required to wear a mask at all times when not in the water.
- Each instructor/ participant duo will use a single lane in the lap pool to stay distanced from other individuals.
- Participants are responsible for reviewing the UNCG Campus Safety Expectations. (https://update.uncg.edu/)
- Participants are expected to comply with all posted signage regarding requirements for physical distancing, face coverings, and prohibitions on congregating.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms of illness will be required to refrain from coming to the Kaplan Center until such time as they are no longer symptomatic or cleared by a medical provider.
Are private or group swim lessons available?
Private adult lessons are currently available.
Will Lifeguard or CPR courses be available?
Currently, Lifeguard and CPR courses are available to potential RecWell employees.
Will there be equipment available to use?
Swim equipment (kickboards, swim buoys, etc.) will be available for use.
Do I need to wear a face covering while swimming?
No, face coverings are not required while swimming in the pool. Face coverings must be worn while on the pool deck and may be removed prior to entering the water.
Take a virtual tour of the Natatorium
Natatorium Hours of Operation
- Monday & Wednesday – 6:30am – 9:30am ; 12:00pm – 8:00pm
- Tuesday & Thursday – 12:00pm – 8:00pm
- Friday – 6:30am – 9:30am ; 12:00pm – 8:00pm
- Sat: 10:30am – 3:00pm
- Sun: 10:30am – 6:00pm
The Natatorium is available for reservations. We can host swim practices, swim meets, camps, and more. For any questions with rentals, please contact us at email@example.com.